Monday, December 10, 2007

a trip to see santa, and the temple lights

we had a fun weekend. it always goes by too fast. i think since bren is at work all week, i feel like i need to fill up the weekend with as much stuff as possible. and now back to monday a day full of laundry and cleaning :)! anyway, we went to see santa and i'd been prepping carter all week, so i was hoping he wouldn't freak out and not sit on santa's lap and it worked. he was a little hesitant at first, but when he saw savanna do it, he realized it was safe. it was pretty cute, santa asked carter what he wanted and he said "tools"! it was fun to see him be so excited to see and talk to santa. he even asked today if we could go see santa again. cute carter! i think sometimes i'm a big nerd because in the car and at home all i play is christmas music and right now all i want to watch are christmas dvd's. we watched elf last night and i forget how freakin funny that show is :)! anyway, last night we bundled (you'd think it was for slc temple lights) up the kids to see the mesa lights. they have a short program w/ the choir singing some fun carols and we strolled thru the masses of people. it was a bit chilly, but enjoyable. i seriously love this time of year! i'm hoping when we go to ut for christmas carter will be able to have a white christmas and make snowmen and do all the fun snow stuff! having kids makes all of it that much more fun :)!
carter and savanna with santa



carter and savanna all bundled up for the temple lights

6 comments:

Suman Family said...

Cute! The kids look adorable with Santa. Love Savanna's dress! :) I'm glad they smiled and didn't cry like our little one. Also, it's fun to see Savanna sitting like a big girl in the stroller. She is getting so old!

Claudia said...

That is the best Santa I have seen in a while not to mention those cute kids. Lucky you they look just perfect sitting with Santa. I may be a bit biased but I must say nothing compares to the Mesa Temple Christmas lights and performances. Thanks for bringing back the memories! :o)

Stephanie said...

Hey Rae- Sophie has that same Christmas dress, love it! Wait, when and where will you be in Utah? I might go out there too.

dana said...

Cute little kids! I love this time of year too...you can be a nerd and listen to as much music as you want! (I tivod White Christmas last night...I'm sure I'll be watching that one alone though :) )
Savanna is looking so old. I can't believe it! I love that last pic of your kids bundled up. Really cute.

Mama Bear said...

I'm glad someone's kids like santa...Meredith definitely does NOT! Ugh! I love Savanna's dress...so cute. It reminds me of your wallpaper! :) Did you make it? I need to learn how to sew for M...I think it would be fun! I'm so jealous you got to see the temple lights...that is family tradition for me and I don't get to this year! Sad!! If I don't talk to you before...MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.

keep counting.....